Another beautiful morning in the Forest, a good frost and now the mist slowly clearing from the valley.
Yesterday Pam and I had a great walk around Soudley Ponds ( where you got lost training for the Nottingham Marathon I think, Jiggs!) Their two dogs are very energetic and were in and out of the ponds and shaking all over the place - incredibly well behaved though, would put Evie to absolute shame.
Pam had to go into Bristol in the afternoon, so I had a potter about Newnham, and then went up to Wildgoose House. Dana and Jonathon were both home, putting in an enormous pond on that raised area just outside the front door, where I think there used to be a climbing frame or slide or something. It was great to see them - we had a lovely afternoon. Dana got very enthused about NZ and persuaded Jonathon on the spot that they would come out next Feb!
On the way back here I called in and had a cup of tea with Sally, which was also lovely. She's such a nice, down to earth sort of person.
Pam cooked a fabulous meal, and Joanthon & Dana, John and Val Rocking-Jones, Sam and her partner Wayne, and Joan all came. John was in fine form, loud and entertaining, and the champagne was flowing well (along with a good bit of NZ wine).
Sam and Wayne are emigrating to Adelaide next March - they have only just found out that they are accepted, and are very excited. R&P are planning on coming out for Christmas 2009, and then coming to NZ in January 2010.
This morning I am going to go walking with Roger, then head off down to Bournemouth - should be a lovely day for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds a brilliant day. But you didn't tell me what Pam cooked? Duck?? [She does that beautifully].
Eve now charges into the river, bread or not and so shouldn't be dismissed.
It is 2.30 to Bournemouth but with a Salisbury stop and maybe a lunch and coffee more like 6. Have a great time. Love Gxxxx
Hi Mum, that's so cool that they're planning on coming out again!
I take it that R&P have no mishaps with milk/sugar/pumpkins/birthday cake etc with their puppies?
Little sander in force here, working well. Keen to get it all finished though, hopefully will finish it up this weekend or the next....
Love you xxxx
Post a Comment