Coffee and cake is a great thing here - something Lyn and I could easily adapt to!
Yesterday Claudia's friend Andrea came to visit, and we all walked into the town on Freising. We had a lovely walk through the old part of town. Lyn and I had a quick look at some of the shops, and Lyn bought a very nice top from the sale rack in Woolworths (all their winter stuff is on sale which is great for us!) She's planning to explore the shops in Freising more next week, while I am in England.
We ended up at a lovely little cafe by the river (I think they took you there too Jiggs). By this time it was sunny, and very little wind, so we sat outside and had coffee and apple cake. All the outside chairs had polarfleece blankets on them that you could wrap around yourself if you were a bit cold (we didn't need them).
Claudia and Glen cooked us white asparagus with a sauce, and two types of ham, one normal and one just cured raw meat, for tea.
Today Glen, Lyn and I are off to Salzburg for the day. Glen has been at his third job all night in a hotel (he has his fulltime job with Oakley, teaches English classes twice a week, and works all night in the hotel once a week), so he says he will sleep on the train this morning.
Hope all is going well at home. We are missing everyone, especially Lyn is missing Ben and Ella.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hey guys, looks like you're having a great trip!
the photo's are really good too, i'd almost forgotten what grass looks like.
keep warm!
Becoming quite the wee German speaker aren't you mumma! Thanks for your text this morning, I text you back, I hope I didn't wake you!
Tiffany (from work, not the skid tester) and I looked up this restaurant in Nuremburg (sp?) Germany where EVERYTHING is done by roberts. It's amazing, all your food comes out of the kitchen in the ceiling and runs down little traintracks to your seat... Germany is crazy!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7335351.stm
Just in case you head towards Nuremburg and want to experience this amazing restaurant!!
Enjoying the blogs. Most of my comments dont make it through the system[just as well I suspect]. Gxx
Post a Comment